Since 1911, the mission of Holyoke Credit Union has been to provide members with high-quality, affordable financial products and services in a socially responsible manner. By adhering to our mission, we have grown by leaps and bounds to become one of the leading financial institutions in western Massachusetts. We are now looking for hardworking, talented, and dedicated individuals to help us continue to grow. If you have these attributes and would like to join an organization dedicated to its members, employees, and communities, please contact Holyoke Credit Union.
A future you can bank on!
Holyoke Credit Union offers a competitive salary, excellent advancement opportunities, an outstanding benefit package, and the nicest co-workers you’ll find anywhere!
REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT LOAN SERVICING AND ADMINISTRATION
Administrative and data entry position providing support to the lending function and service to internal and external customers, in processing and servicing loan accounts, and maintenance of loan records. Processes a variety of information, documents, mortgages, security instruments, computerized records, and files pertaining to Commercial and Industrial Loans, Commercial Real Estate Loans, Mortgage Loans, Investor Loans, Consumer Loans, and new loan products as developed.
Specific assignments include but are not limited to:
- Processing loan payoff requests and payments; ensuring customer documents are returned in accordance with loan terms and the Credit Union’s policies, procedures and Regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring hazard, liability and flood insurances for all loans according to the policies, procedures and Investor requirements.
- Tracking of all loans with collateral located in a flood zone and ensuring adherence with regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring real estate tax payments and reporting on loans with delinquent real estate taxes and/or liens.
- Performs post booking reviews to confirm data integrity between source documents and the Credit Union’s core processing system: INSIGHT.
- Oversees the prompt payment of monthly PMI billing as well as the cancellation of these polices with the associated MI Company.
- Maintains the organization of the loan vaults and filing.
- Processing loan charge off transactions and ensuring appropriate compliance with Accounting concepts and guidelines.
- Responsible for system input as it pertains to accounts that are in Bankruptcy.
- Reviews post-closing loan documentation to ensure lien perfection on behalf of the Credit Union.
- Ensure that prompt and accurate credit reporting is completed in a timely manner.
- Reviews daily and monthly tracking reports for ongoing loan maintenance and servicing efficiencies.
- Assist Loan Officers and Member Service Representatives with customer research.
- Assist with the creation, enhancement, validation, and testing of departmental procedures not limited to, but including mortgage discharges, release of titles, UCC-3, document and collateral tracking.
- Consistently seek opportunities to improve processes while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Assist others with miscellaneous activities as time and capabilities permit.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent with two to four years of experience in a loan processing environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Solid understanding of the organization’s loan products and services.
- Working knowledge of loan documents, mortgages, security agreements and their requirements.
- Working knowledge of all regulatory lending compliance regulations.
- Working knowledge of the Credit Union’s policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of Accounting principles and applies knowledge to the processing of Charge Offs and other Collection type activities.
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills.
- Proficient operation of Microsoft Software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to learn quickly with a strong attention to detail and problem-solving.
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with critical timeline constraints and large work volumes.
Member Associate Position
Holyoke Credit Union seeks a Member Associate with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with retail and business members as well as support the achievement of sales growth in a team-focused environment. The Member Associate must also have strong interpersonal skills, accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail.
The Member Associate must possess the talents of both a Member Service Representative and a Teller.
At HCU exceptional member service is our goal, therefore this is an excellent opportunity for the candidate who is energetic, confident, personable and goal-oriented.
At HCU all products and services are sold in a consultative manner. Communication and Member Service skills are a must as the employee in this position will be required to sell and cross-sell our full-range of financial products to members and prospective members.
- Consult and inform current and prospective members on the benefits of our wide range of products and services
- Sell and refer all credit union products to support sales goals
- Responsible for daily cash balancing with a minimum of errors and within time guidelines
- Process member financial transactions
- Provide courteous and professional member service as a representative of the credit union
- Two to three years of Financial Service Sales experience/Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- This is a full-time position, which includes late afternoons, early evenings and weekends. We offer career growth potential and an extensive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, 401K and pension, ability to earn additional incentive based compensation.
Send or fax resume to:
Holyoke Credit Union
ATTN: Career Opportunities
490 Westfield Road
Holyoke, MA 01040
Fax: (413) 533-3810
Or email your resume to email@example.com