SBA 504 Program
Holyoke Credit Union offers the SBA 504 Program to encourage business expansion and job creation. This unique program provides up to 90% long-term, fixed-rate financing for real estate acquisition, renovation, expansions, and equipment purchases. The SBA 504 Program is available to small to mid-sized businesses with employees.
- Available for a variety of uses, including the purchase of existing property or land, as well as new construction
- 90% financing (10% down payment)
- Owner-occupied real estate and equipment
- Below-market fixed rates
- Financing available for many SBA-related fees/closing costs
- 20-year fixed rate and 10-year fixed rate on equipment (on the SBA second loan)
- Most for-profit businesses (corporation, partnership, or proprietorship)
- Operating company must occupy 51% of existing building or 61% with new construction
- The net worth of a business must not exceed $15 million and the net income after taxes cannot exceed $5 million.
- The average net profit after taxes must not exceed $2 million (average over the last two years). Check with an SBA specialist if maximums are close or exceeded.
- Maximum project size is $6 million for non-manufacturers and $10 million for manufacturers.
- Equity requirement is 10%. An extra 5% is required for a start-up business (two years or less) or a single-purpose building (10% additional if both are applicable).
- Purchase or renovation of an existing owner-occupied building
- Modernization, renovation, or restoration of a building, including household improvements
- Purchase of equipment with economic useful life of 10 years or more
- Other attendant soft costs such as accountants, engineers, appraisers, construction period interest
- Purchase of land
- 10% contingency on a real estate construction project
Ineligible use of proceeds
- Working capital
- Debt consolidation or repayment
- Refinancing (though you may be able to refinance an existing first mortgage of an existing SBA 504 deal)
How to Apply
Three easy ways to apply:
- Visit the Holyoke Credit Union main branch at 490 Westfield Road, Holyoke, MA 01040
- Email Commercial Lender, Dan O’Neill, at email@example.com
- Call Dan O’Neill at (413) 532-7007 ext. 1125 for an appointment.